Skip to main content

Game Changers on Screen: T1 Esports Stars Break Down the Behind-the-Scenes of Their Odyssey Brand Films

 



Gaming monitors are one of the most powerful tools for esports players, especially when it comes to notching up the gaming experience through wider viewing angles and faster refresh rates.


This year marks the third anniversary of the partnership between Samsung Electronics and T1, a South Korean esports team with a series of championship wins under its belt. Since 2020, Samsung has been providing T1 with Odyssey gaming monitors to showcase the company's cutting-edge technology to gamers and audiences alike.


To celebrate the release of the 2023 gaming monitor lineup, Samsung unveiled a series of three brand videos featuring the 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9, the 49-inch Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC) and the upgraded 55-inch Odyssey Ark (G97NC). These films were produced by renowned South Korean director Yunsung Kang – most known for “The Outlaws” (2017), “Long Live the King” (2019) and “Big Bet” (2022). In a modern-meets-medieval battle adventure, viewers can follow the T1 team and watch how Samsung gaming monitors play a shocking twist. Samsung Newsroom sat down with Director Yunsung Kang and T1 members ‘Keria’, ‘Gumayusi’, ‘Faker’, ‘Oner’ and ‘Zeus’ to learn more about their behind-the-scenes experience.

Q. What are your thoughts on the new Odyssey models? 


‘Faker’: The Odyssey monitors just keep getting better. The new 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9 is truly impressive with its massive screen that commands attention. I didn’t realize its size from a distance, but I fully grasped its scale when I got closer. The Odyssey Neo G9 is the ideal choice for those who prefer a larger monitor.

‘Oner’: The Odyssey OLED G9 is so large that it almost resembles a TV, rather than a typical monitor. This could also be useful when watching videos.

‘Zeus’: All of the monitors boast huge dimensions. The ultra-wide screen helps me play League of Legends strategically, offering a wide view of the map and an incredibly immersive gaming experience. 




Q. As a gamer, what is your top priority when choosing a monitor?

‘Faker’: Most gamers value response time and refresh rate. I prefer a monitor with a fast response time to minimize ghosting. 

‘Oner’: Refresh rate is the most important factor for me. I always check whether a monitor supports a 240Hz refresh rate.

‘Keria’: Although I use a monitor with a 240Hz refresh rate, monitors with 144Hz or higher refresh rates are sufficient for most users.

‘Gumayusi’: Unlike some gamers, I'm not very sensitive to monitor specifications. However, since I’m used to high refresh rates, switching to low-quality specs could hinder my skills. I want to focus solely on the game itself. 

‘Zeus’: I agree with ‘Oner’ – refresh rate is crucial for me too. I used to have a monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate, but the gaming experience was so much smoother once I switched to one with a higher refresh rate. I can't imagine going back to a low-refresh rate monitor now.

Yoonsung Kang, the director behind the 2021 Odyssey Neo G9 brand film, has returned to work on the 2023 Odyssey brand films.



Q. What was your main objective when planning this Odyssey brand film?

Yoonsung Kang: My top priority for this project was to focus on the monitors’ immense size. As such, I planned a concept around a large-scale medieval battle to effectively showcase the Odyssey’s advantages.


Q. Can you share some of the highlights from this brand film? 

Kang: One of the standout moments in these videos is the unexpected plot twist. The story follows the T1 team changing the course of a battle – then, a twist unfolds. Just when the members believe they won the battle, ‘Faker’ expands the screen to reveal more enemies approaching from both sides. It's a plot twist that's bound to captivate viewers.



Q. What was it like to step away from your usual game matches and daily training to participate in this brand film?

‘Oner’, ‘Zeus’ and ‘Keria’: We were truly impressed that the choreography incorporated our signature poses. While we were worried at first – we’re not dancers – the choreographer’s detailed directions helped us finish the project successfully. I hope our fans enjoy the videos.

‘Faker’: All in all, it was a new and refreshing experience. I've been on TV shows with numerous cameras before, but this was my first time dancing. I felt a bit awkward yet excited at the same time.



Q. Out of the Odyssey monitors you’ve had the chance to try out, which one is your favorite?

‘Faker’: My favorite is the 49-inch Odyssey OLED G9. I like its fast response time and sleek metal design on the back.

‘Zeus’: The 49-inch Odyssey OLED G9 is my top pick as well. The Infinity Core lighting displays mesmerizing rainbow colors, and the metal design gives the monitor a chic vibe.

‘Keria’: For me, the 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9 is the most appealing – the white and glossy back cover feels luxurious.

‘Gumayusi’: I’ve already used the Odyssey Ark at T1 HQ’s lounge and enjoyed the Multi View feature since I like to play multiple games simultaneously. Because I prefer large screens, my top choice is the 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9.

‘Oner’: It's honestly difficult to pick just one. The new Odyssey models are amazing with their large screens and wide displays. I like them all.

Watch the T1 team in action and experience the latest lineup of Odyssey gaming monitors in the brand film below.



Q. Out of the Odyssey monitors you’ve had the chance to try out, which one is your favorite?

‘Faker’: My favorite is the 49-inch Odyssey OLED G9. I like its fast response time and sleek metal design on the back.

‘Zeus’: The 49-inch Odyssey OLED G9 is my top pick as well. The Infinity Core lighting displays mesmerizing rainbow colors, and the metal design gives the monitor a chic vibe.

‘Keria’: For me, the 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9 is the most appealing – the white and glossy back cover feels luxurious.

‘Gumayusi’: I’ve already used the Odyssey Ark at T1 HQ’s lounge and enjoyed the Multi View feature since I like to play multiple games simultaneously. Because I prefer large screens, my top choice is the 57-inch Odyssey Neo G9.

‘Oner’: It's honestly difficult to pick just one. The new Odyssey models are amazing with their large screens and wide displays. I like them all.


Watch the T1 team in action and experience the latest lineup of Odyssey gaming monitors in the brand film below.

For more information, please visit: https://www.samsung.com/my/monitors/gaming/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The All-new Foldable Line-up is Here!

 The all-new foldable lineup from Samsung is here. The Galaxy Z Fold8 Ultra brings Galaxy’s renowned Ultra standard to foldables with maximum productivity. The brand-new form factor of the Galaxy Z Fold8 unlocks new foldable experiences through everyday immersion. And the Galaxy Z Flip8 rounds off the series, designed around quick interactions, personal expression and AI-native experiences.  Samsung is set to redefine foldable innovation once again with these new devices — bringing together iconic design, powerful performance, and an even more seamless Galaxy AI experience. But that’s not all, a whole new range of the Galaxy Watch series is here too, specifically Galaxy Watch Ultra2 and Galaxy Watch9. From 22 July to 13 August 2026, customers can enjoy a suite of exclusive launch rewards worth up to RM1,950!  , This includes an exclusive rebate worth up to RM800, an instant bank rebate of RM500 when paying with selected bank cards a Samsung Reward Points Booster worth up ...

Samsung Brings Galaxy Ecosystem Into Everyday Eyewear

 The smartphone era forced humanity into a persistent downward gaze, tethering personal productivity to glass screens held in the palm. At Galaxy Unpacked in London, Samsung Electronics, alongside Google and Qualcomm, formally signaled the next major structural shift in mobile computing. By introducing its Intelligent Eyewear ecosystem—engineered in direct partnership with global eyewear innovators Gentle Monster and Warby Parker—Samsung is attempting to transition artificial intelligence from a device you consult into an ambient layer that passively interprets the physical world alongside you. The Architectural Blueprint: Android XR and Micro-Hardware Integration While the concept of camera-equipped glasses is not new, Samsung’s approach differentiates itself through deep platform-level integration and optimized silicon efficiency. Operating on the newly minted Android XR platform, the Intelligent Eyewear acts as a display-less, audio-first extension of the Galaxy ecosystem. Under...

100 aircraft, 44 months and 4.4 million man hours: Emirates’ retrofit programme marks major milestone

 Emirates has reached a landmark 100 aircraft refurbished under its retrofit programme, the largest known undertaken by any airline globally. Since work began in November 2022, 47 Airbus A380s and 53 Boeing 777s have been given a complete nose-to-tail refresh at the Emirates Engineering hangars in Dubai. By the end of December 2026, around 20 additional aircraft will be upgraded, moving the airline significantly past the halfway point in its US$ 5 billion investment aimed at delivering a consistently elevated experience to customers. Over a period of 44 months, the Emirates Engineering team has deployed more than 400 engineers and technicians, investing a collective 4.4 million man hours to transform 100 aircraft and deliver a sophisticated upgrade across the cabin interiors of all the aircraft. Every aircraft was also fitted out with a new Premium Economy Cabin during the retrofit. More than 3,800 new Premium Economy seats have been installed in total as part of the initiative, ac...