Skip to main content

Behind the Scenes With Football Star Son Heung-Min and His SmartThings Life



Samsung Electronics’ “Everyday SmartThings with Son” campaign video has garnered attention from Galaxy and football fans alike for showcasing the innovative SmartThings home system. To hear more about his filming experience, Samsung Newsroom sat down with world-renowned football star Son Heung-min and learned more about his favourite SmartThings features.

 

Q. What motivated you to participate in the Samsung SmartThings campaign?

 

When the Galaxy Z Flip was first released, I remember being impressed by its design — which led me to buy a Galaxy smartphone right away and switch both my tablet and watch to Galaxy devices. As a Galaxy fan, I love how my Galaxy products are all connected, allowing me to do things like check workout progress or calories burned on my phone or tablet while I’m exercising. Naturally, I was excited when Samsung approached me to participate in this campaign.

 

Q. What is the best thing about using SmartThings?

 

SmartThings has become a feature I really need. Once set up, the platform manages everything and gives me time and energy to focus on other stuff. The ability to find compatible products nearby and automatically pair them is so easy to do. It allows me to be much more efficient and productive.


Q. Have you been using SmartThings since the shoot?


Absolutely! I actually recently switched my TV and vacuum cleaner to Samsung’s latest appliances. Since my family is quite serious when it comes to cleaning, I can easily keep track of the areas I last cleaned with SmartThings — helping me keep my place tidy on my days off.

 

 

 
Q. What was your favourite scene in this shoot?

 

If I had to choose just one feature, my favourite would be the gaming scene since I love playing video games. In the video, once I place my phone on the wireless charger and SmartThings automatically creates the perfect gaming environment. And there’s even lighting synced to the gaming screen via Hue Sync, so I really like to play games.

 

That’s when you will discover SmartThings takes gaming to another level. If you like playing video games, I strongly recommend using Gaming Mode on SmartThings for an all-new gaming experience.

 

 ※ Compatible lighting must be purchased separately; paid subscription of the Hue Sync app is required through Samsung TV app; availability and the timing of support may vary by country and region.


Q. What are some specific SmartThings features you would like to highlight?

 

SmartThings helps me reduce energy consumption and control energy usage across all my products in real time. I’m able to view energy usage and maximize energy efficiency with AI Energy Mode to be more conscious about energy saving.

 

In addition, I like how SmartThings allows me to expand the ways I use my TV. Before the shoot, I only played video games and watched football on my TV. Now, after learning about SmartThings and its functions, I use my TV to control home appliances, chat with friends while watching football and keep track of my workout progress while exercising. I hope more people are able to make use of these innovative features.

 

Q. Is there anything you want to share about your experience on this campaign?


Through this campaign, I was able to experience how SmartThings can program my home appliances based on my daily routine. SmartThings goes beyond convenience — it delivers a whole new experience.

 

For those who haven’t experienced SmartThings yet, I encourage you to try it out! I look forward to getting involved with other Samsung campaigns and seeing the future of SmartThings!

Learn more about Samsung Smart TVs at: https://www.samsung.com/my/tvs/smart-tv/highlights/ 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The All-new Foldable Line-up is Here!

 The all-new foldable lineup from Samsung is here. The Galaxy Z Fold8 Ultra brings Galaxy’s renowned Ultra standard to foldables with maximum productivity. The brand-new form factor of the Galaxy Z Fold8 unlocks new foldable experiences through everyday immersion. And the Galaxy Z Flip8 rounds off the series, designed around quick interactions, personal expression and AI-native experiences.  Samsung is set to redefine foldable innovation once again with these new devices — bringing together iconic design, powerful performance, and an even more seamless Galaxy AI experience. But that’s not all, a whole new range of the Galaxy Watch series is here too, specifically Galaxy Watch Ultra2 and Galaxy Watch9. From 22 July to 13 August 2026, customers can enjoy a suite of exclusive launch rewards worth up to RM1,950!  , This includes an exclusive rebate worth up to RM800, an instant bank rebate of RM500 when paying with selected bank cards a Samsung Reward Points Booster worth up ...

Samsung Brings Galaxy Ecosystem Into Everyday Eyewear

 The smartphone era forced humanity into a persistent downward gaze, tethering personal productivity to glass screens held in the palm. At Galaxy Unpacked in London, Samsung Electronics, alongside Google and Qualcomm, formally signaled the next major structural shift in mobile computing. By introducing its Intelligent Eyewear ecosystem—engineered in direct partnership with global eyewear innovators Gentle Monster and Warby Parker—Samsung is attempting to transition artificial intelligence from a device you consult into an ambient layer that passively interprets the physical world alongside you. The Architectural Blueprint: Android XR and Micro-Hardware Integration While the concept of camera-equipped glasses is not new, Samsung’s approach differentiates itself through deep platform-level integration and optimized silicon efficiency. Operating on the newly minted Android XR platform, the Intelligent Eyewear acts as a display-less, audio-first extension of the Galaxy ecosystem. Under...

100 aircraft, 44 months and 4.4 million man hours: Emirates’ retrofit programme marks major milestone

 Emirates has reached a landmark 100 aircraft refurbished under its retrofit programme, the largest known undertaken by any airline globally. Since work began in November 2022, 47 Airbus A380s and 53 Boeing 777s have been given a complete nose-to-tail refresh at the Emirates Engineering hangars in Dubai. By the end of December 2026, around 20 additional aircraft will be upgraded, moving the airline significantly past the halfway point in its US$ 5 billion investment aimed at delivering a consistently elevated experience to customers. Over a period of 44 months, the Emirates Engineering team has deployed more than 400 engineers and technicians, investing a collective 4.4 million man hours to transform 100 aircraft and deliver a sophisticated upgrade across the cabin interiors of all the aircraft. Every aircraft was also fitted out with a new Premium Economy Cabin during the retrofit. More than 3,800 new Premium Economy seats have been installed in total as part of the initiative, ac...